Monday, June 15, 2009

In Transit


Everyone who has tried to visit Georgetown knows how inconvenient it is to reach. The metro either goes right before it or right after it, nowhere in between. Luckily for me, my internship is in Georgetown. During my grand cardiovascular adventure to locate my internship site for the first time, I could not believe how hard it was to find! After an hour of searching, sweating, almost getting hit by numerous speeding bicyclists (who will not invest in a bell), and dehydration, I finally found it… the bliss of finally finding it quickly faded when I realized I would have to make the same trip everyday to work.

Now after working for two weeks, I have come to enjoy every second of my trip to work. Going to work in DC is nothing like going to work back at home. I cross the bustling Francis Scott Key Bridge which expands over the great Potomac River. The chaos of cars, bicyclists, and pedestrians is quickly blocked out by the relaxing sounds of my iPod and the view of the Potomac. The river is the most stunning site in the morning. The faint glimpse of the sun rising with lilac, pink, and tangerine over the river and a kayaker cutting the water with every gentle stroke is what I look forward to every morning. DC was built to make onlookers feel small and insignificant to its splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment